Computer and processor: Intel processor
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Hard disk: 10 GB of available disk space; HFS+ hard disk format (also known as macOS Extended) or APFS
Display: 1280 x 800 screen resolution
Graphics: No graphics requirements.
Operating system: Office for Mac is supported on the three most recent versions of macOS. As new major versions of macOS are made generally available, Microsoft will drop support for the oldest version and support the newest and previous two versions of macOS. Product functionality and feature availability may vary on older systems. For the best experience, use the latest version of any operating system specified above.
Browser: The current version of Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox.
Installation requires a connection to the Internet or a local area network (if installing over a network).
Internet functionality requires an Internet connection. Fees may apply.
Access to files stored on a SharePoint server requires connectivity to Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 or later.
Microsoft account or organizational account required for license assignment.
Outlook (Home & Business):
- Certain advanced functionality may require connectivity to a supported version of Microsoft Exchange Server (or Exchange Online) or Microsoft SharePoint Server (or SharePoint Online). See the Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy site for supported versions of Exchange Server and SharePoint Server.
- Integration with Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams requires connectivity to a supported version of Skype for Business or Microsoft Teams. See the Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy site for supported versions of Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams.
- LinkedIn support requires a LinkedIn account.
- Speech recognition functionality requires a microphone.
- Read-aloud functionality requires an audio output device.
- Rights Management features require access to either a cloud deployment of Microsoft Rights Management (Azure Rights Management) or an on-premises deployment (Active Directory Rights Management Services).
- Dynamic calendars require server connectivity.