UPGRADE WINDOWS 10 HOME 64-BIT TO WINDOWS 10 PRO
If you do have a copy of Windows 10 Pro, or maybe you found a retail copy of the upgrade for less than Microsoft charges, you’ll have a product key (alternately called a license key) that enables Windows 10 Pro. You’ll need it to replace your current license key. To do so:
- Make sure you’re up to date on any Windows Updates.
- Navigate again to Start Menu > Settings > Updates and Security > Activation.
- Under Activation, select Change product key. The Product Key window will open.
- Enter the 25-digit Windows Pro Product Key.
- Select Next. If your key is correct, the upgrade will start, and you’ll soon get a message that Windows has been upgraded.
Here’s how to troubleshoot in the event the key does not work at first try:
- Copy/paste the key in notepad.
- Restart your PC.
- Copy the key from notepad and paste in the blank field.
- Make sure there is no space after the last digit before you hit Enter.
- Check for pending software updates and finish it.
- Restart PC